Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 18, 2014- Castlegar Sculpture Walk Sculpture of the Day “Counting Blessings”


Today’s sculpture is another work from a talented BC artist. Today we are close to home with Sherlin Hendrick’s “Counting Blessings”. I have been a little out of sorts lately and I have heard word on the streets that this is a weird time for a lot of people with things feeling out of control. It is times like these when everyone is a little wacky that we need to find a little inner peace like this figure and count our blessings.


I honestly cannot believe the number of people who have told me, “if its meant to be it will be” or something along those lines in the last couple of weeks. Seriously, it is weirding me out. People I have never met have begun talking to me everywhere, from the grocery store to the gym and all have used a phrase about fate and destiny in some way.  I know how strange it sounds but it is really true. Today’s sculpture was meant to be, I was walking and challenged myself to write about the first sculpture I could find and boom “Counting Blessings” found me on Columbia Avenue.

“Counting Blessings” is incredible, the attention to detail. There is not much more I can say about this impressive piece that you cannot take from it yourself. Like most sculptures these photos do not do it justice, you really need to see the intricacy and finesse of “Counting Blessings” yourself. It will strangely make you feel Zen; I know it was a very calming distraction from my crazy life today and made me happy I ended my workout early to find a sculpture to escape in for a few moments.

Mother Natures is the sponsor of this impressive piece of West Kootenay Art. Sherlin Hendrick is originally from the United States and now calls Nelson home. For more on “Counting Blessings” and Sherlin Hendrick click here

For a look at my previous blog on Castlegar Sculpture Walk’s “Mobius” click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment