Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Goat's Daily Dose of Weird: June 27, 2014- Murphy The Not So Chubby Police Horse

I managed to get this up on Soundcloud yesterday but forgot to post it here on my blog. Why? Well I was feeling inspired to get over to the gym before it closed and it was a crazy day. I will write about my adventures at the gym soon; for now let Murphy the formerly overweight horse inspire you!

Murphy was tipping the scales at 1,900lbs when recruited to join the Portland Mounted Patrol Unit and was too large for all of the saddles. Last week Murphy made his first arrest after losing 200lbs and completing the required training to become one of Portland’s four-legged finest.
This is his story.



To check out pictures of Murphy the commit to fit police horse click here

No comments:

Post a Comment