Thursday, August 8, 2013

Kate’s First DQ Miracle Treat Day

Yesterday I had the amazing opportunity to visit Castlegar Dairy Queen for Miracle Treat Day. I had a great time hanging out with the crew of Miracle Makers for two hours; they even let me make my first blizzard!

Okay, it was a little messy (and slow) but I think we all learned something in the process. I should never go back to working in fast food and that the people of Castlegar are extremely generous blizzard lovers. There was a constant demand for blizzards all afternoon; the poor staff at Castlegar did not have a minute to break all afternoon! They did not mind though, all smiles they made ‘fan food’ and kept the masses cool in the crazy +30 degree weather!


Take a look at my first experience making a blizzard:



Here is a clip of some of my new friends who took part in Miracle Treat Day from both sides of the counter!


DQ Miracle Treat Day truly is a great cause, 100% of Blizzard sale proceeds go to the Children’s Miracle Network of Hospitals including BC’s own BC Children’s Hospital. Dairy Queen’s across Canada took part in a great fun-filled day, raising money for an amazing cause!

I may not be pro quite yet, but I could do the Blizzard flip (this was taken a few minutes later).



No comments:

Post a Comment