Saturday, August 17, 2013

Netflix Classic: Video Game High School

Netflix Classic: Video Game High School

Have you ever watched a movie so bad you wondered what were those people thinking? I do this all the time. In fact you can read my previous blog about ‘Sharknado’ it was the worst movie I have ever seen. Which has inspired me to start a log of all the movies I watch that are just down-right horrible, most of them are F-list horror movies with cooky titles found on Netflix, hence the label “Neflix Classics”.  Every Saturday you can find my latest “Netflix Classic” review right here on my Mountain FM Blog.

Video Game High School (2012)

My boyfriend and his friends love this movie. They quote it regularly, it drives me crazy.

Video Game High School is the result of an incredibly successful Kickstarter campaign, like most other ‘Netflix Classics’ you won’t find any really familiar names in the cast list; except maybe the guy from Epic Meal Time (Harley Morenstein) and even that is pushing it. Video Game High School was originally a web series and then edited into a really, really long two-hour movie. A second series is now being released on http://www.rocketjump.com/.

As much as the boys love this movie, I really don’t understand the appeal of Video Game High School. The premise of the movie is pretty basic; it is an underdog story about a futuristic high school student fighting for his place at an elite school that swaps out sports for video games. Don’t worry, they cover all types of video games; from shooters to music there is a place for all gamer kids at this school.

The dialogue is kitschy to say the least. I would give you a few quotes here, but I really don’t think reading them in type does their silliness justice. I have no idea who the target is for this movie, it is too violent to be a kid’s movie and it is way too out there to attract adults. I am guessing this is the perfect movie for teens or twenty-something guys who wish they could have attended a high school centered on video games.

Watch the trailer below, if you’re not a fan than you most likely should stay away from this Netflix Classic. If it looks like your cup of tea, groovy I hope you enjoy it! Video Game High School is in the process of releasing the second season of webisodes, so I am sure a sequel is in the works.

For more about Video Game High School check out:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2170584/



No comments:

Post a Comment