Sunday, August 25, 2013

The 2013 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs)

I get it; Miley resents her Hannah Montana roots. She really wants to separate herself from the role that really defined the early part of her career, the role that made her a household name and filled her bank account with more money than the average person makes in their entire lifetime. I can understand that, truly you when you're her age it is important to figure out who you are for yourself. With that being said her performance on the VMAs was disturbing, as I have stated previously I actually really like her song 'We Can't Stop' and I am really disappointed with the way she is portraying a song that is a fun summer song. MTV even had to bleep her. The more Miley acts like this crazy bimbo that needs to prove she's an adult that can do grown-up things, the more I want Hannah Montana back. 


I love the crowd shot, between astonished celebrities and celebrities in awe of what is happening there is a shot of Drake and he looks so embarrassed to be in a room where these shenanigans are going on…


While we are on the topic of things I don't like, I would like to mention the new 'Moon Man' (the VMA trophy), and I really do not like the redesigned trophy. It is terrifying! 


Here are the clips you need to see from the 2013 VMAs:

All that Miley action I previously mentioned, including a performance by Robin Thicke. 


The rumours earlier this week were true, NSYNC made an appearence.


And that Daft Punk moment that was so important they had to cancel on Stephen Colbert, well here that is.



And then Katy Perry's impressive VMA finale performance.


No comments:

Post a Comment