Monday, August 19, 2013

Kate's Reading Challenge Book 5: ‘Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar' by Kelly Oxford

One of my goals I set for myself on my twenty-fourth birthday was reading a book a week.  I am a little behind, moving twice and finishing school put a damper on my plan. To help motivate myself to finish books on time every week my new plan is to share my latest read with you on my blog. I will read anything and everything and I would love your suggestions, feel free to email them to me at kate@mountainfm.net.

Book 5: ‘Everything is Perfect When You're a Liar' by Kelly Oxford
I have read a bunch of reviews saying “not for everyone” and “not my thing”. I guess I can understand that, with that being said I loved Kelly Oxford’s ‘Everything is Perfect When You’re a Liar.

I laughed throughout this book. Honestly, I feel like Kelly Oxford’s life is similar to what my life would have been like if I was born a decade earlier. I love her perspective on her life stories; things other people would consider ridiculous or unsafe are completely normal for Kelly Oxford.

My favourite Kelly Oxford story is actually a more recent tale about living with kids in Calgary. She really is so relatable; I can totally picture myself in the same situation driving to the Calgary Zoo and getting pulled over. I don’t want to give too much away, because Kelly Oxford is absolutely brilliant storyteller.


I recommend this book to anyone who believes they’re special snowflake; Kelly Oxford’s tales from her unique life are perfect for anyone who can relate to living out their ridiculous dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment