Friday, August 2, 2013

Remember That Time Jenny Went Away? Kate Does...

I absolutely love my job.

But, the last two days have been tough. Moving and filling in for the amazing Jenny Fines, Mountain FM’s drive host has been a deadly combination. But, it is over now (thank goodness). I liked doing Jenny’s show, but I LOVE my own show. All you listeners from 10am to 2pm I think of you like my children, I am so excited to be giving you my full attention again starting Tuesday. I think you can tell just how tired I am by the bags under my eyes in that photo.

One cool perk of taking over Jenny’s show while she was away was getting to do her ‘Paws and Claws’ segment with our local SPCA. Boy was it fun! Thank goodness I do not do it every week; I would have a house full of animals. Today’s feature was on Rocky a two year old cat who has suffered from head trauma; it was hard to see him leave after only knowing him for about half an hour. He is such a nice, unique cat; I hope he finds an amazing home. From the moment he was let out he was cuddling me, it was such an amazing feeling!


As much fun as it was, I am so happy to be back on the four hour show track starting tomorrow. I much prefer a sprint over a marathon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment