Saturday, August 24, 2013

Netflix Classic: iSteve

Netflix Classic: iSteve 





Have you ever watched a movie so bad you wondered what were those people thinking? I do this all the time. In fact you can read my previous blog about ‘Sharknado’ it was the worst movie I have ever seen. Which has inspired me to start a log of all the movies I watch that are just down-right horrible, most of them are F-list horror movies with cooky titles found on Netflix, hence the label “Neflix Classics”.  Every Saturday you can find my latest “Netflix Classic” review right here on my Mountain FM Blog.

iSteve (2013)

With the release of the new bio-pic about Steve Jobs being last week I decided to pick a parody film about the life of Steve Jobs this week for my Netflix Classic this week it was released online in April and it is called 'iSteve'. It was just as bad as it sounds. 

It is not often that I find a comedy so bad that I will tell people not to watch it. Even movies I don't like have seem to have some silver lining redemption moments, not the case with 'iSteve'. Funny or Die (online comedy heroes) really disappointed me with this turd of a movie. 'iSteve' was just not funny. It is that simple. I watched the entire thing, at first I thought I had read the description wrong and that it was a serious movie. Then it continuously made errors about the life of Steve Jobs and really bad joke so I knew it really was trying to be a parody film. 

Urg. I am not a huge Jobs fan. I am not a hater either. I read his biography, I have invested time into learning about Steve Jobs and the makers of 'iSteve' clearly did not. It was made written in three days and shot in five, I think they could have had something if they invested more time into making it. I have yet to see 'Jobs' the Ashton Kutcher movie released last week, I think I will wait on that. From the press it has gotten I think I will wait until it makes it to Netflix.

I may take time out of my day and money out of my wallet to see the Aaron Sorkin adaptation of 'Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. I thought the book was fair and well written, I doubt the makers of 'iSteve' took the time to read it because there was little to no evidence of any research being done on the subject of his life.

I am being very critical, I know. It was just supposed to be a funny, light-hearted extended sketch but I found it kind of offensive. Funny or Die has a huge following, with people who will watch their content regardless of the quality.  

The only part of the movie that I thought was mildly funny was part of the evolution of Pixar that showed a meeting between George Lucas and Steve Jobs. 

Not worth your time, do anything else. Seriously, anything else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment