Tuesday, August 13, 2013

#TuneTuesday: August 13, 2013

Unfortunately we will never share a #MusicMonday because I work Tuesday to Saturday. So I will be hooking you up with my favorite music cuts on what I am calling #TuneTuesday. I would love it if you called it that too, lets make it a thing;)


I am going to always try to pick one break out hit, a big band that everyone has heard from before and then another song I love from a Canadian band that I think deserves a shout out and attention for their incredible work. Yes, I am a little bit biased, some weeks there may actually be two Canadian picks but I will try to include a third video those days. This week I have chosen a HUGE band’s latest single and one of my favourite songs to come out this year from a Montreal band that I love.

Stars- 'Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It'
Okay, so I have been (for lack of a better word) in love with Stars’s song ‘Hold On When You Get Love and Let Go When You Give It” for months. I didn’t think it was possible to love it anymore than I already did… until I saw the music video. To describe the video in one word it is fabulous; absolutely fabulous. To throw in a couple more I would add, ground-breaking, fun and empowering. I love when a video can make a song even more powerful, I think Stars have done this perfectly with a beautiful song and a well-crafted music video!


Kings of Leon- 'Supersoaker'
Afternoon Drive host, Jenny Fines told me that Kings of Leon’s video for their latest single was hot and she did not lie. The boys are back and looking better than ever, full of smiles having a great time in the video for ‘Supersoaker’. The video is a visual throwback to the days of malt shops, bubble gum, classic cars and 5 cent dances. I think the video is a perfect summer montage




No comments:

Post a Comment