Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Conjuring with Jenny & Kate


When I was a child I loved horror movies.

As an adult, horror movies make me feel old and silly.

Why? Still not 100% sure. I think it has to do with a feeling that I was invisible, as an adult I have realized I am SO totally vulnerable. Also, pretty freakin’ co-dependent, watching a horror flick melts my mind. I live in fear of shapes and shadows until the sunrises. I can't even watch late night TV without my remote close by, every time a creepy trailer airs I have to change the channel. 

As a child, I would hide my eyes and wait for the shocking part of the scare to be over and then look up at the screen. As an adult, I do the exact same thing… longer. So long in fact that I scared myself more than needed, catching the most terrifying moment of ‘The Conjuring’ when I saw it Saturday night. I missed an entire scene of the movie and popped up at the worst possible second. I was so scared a full scream escaped my lips, making me look (and sound) foolish; giving the entire theatre a laugh.

On the plus side, I have not lost a minute of sleep yet (it has only been two nights since the viewing). But, I have a feeling that will change living in the basement (the most haunted part of most houses, as horror movies have taught us) of an old house in Nelson.

My little scream at Kootenay Centre Cinema is one of the most shameful moments of my life. It has been a long time since I have been so embarrassed. Thank goodness Afternoon Drive Hostess; Jenny Fines was beside me, screaming at the exact same time.  


Give the following sound clip a listen to hear our ‘The Conjuring’ experience! If you love to be scared (or to watch people be scared) you need to go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment