Wednesday, November 20, 2013

KMART's 'Show Your Joe' Commercial

American retailer KMART is taking some heat for their new Joe Boxer Holiday commercial.

KMART’s recent commercials have been some of my favourites. In radio school you are forced into copy-writing classes to learn the art of writing great commercials and the strategies behind good creative writing. Naturally I fell in love with KMART’s ‘Ship My Pants’ commercial (below) the first time I saw it, every time I watch it I still lose it laughing at the old man’s line, “I just shipped my bed.” Seriously, it is up there with the panda cheese commercials (also below).

This holiday season KMART has released a new commercial for Joe Boxer boxers with a string of hunky men performing ‘jingle bells’ like never before and I love it! Seriously, I think it is enough to warrant a KMART comeback for all us Canadians who will be forced to sit around waiting for this gem of an American commercial to come on American channels feeds. Not because it is sexy, actually the more I think about it the less attractive I find all the studs in the video, but because it is funny. Yes, I understand why some people are offended by video and even why people think it is in bad taste but it beats the hell out of all those Cellino & Barnes and University of Phoenix ads we are forced to watch all the time through American cable channels.

What do you think? Good fun? Should Vicky’s ‘Angels’ be the only holiday show offs on tv?

I am amazed it has taken this long for this to happen...

KMART’s ‘Show Your Joe’ commercial



KMART’s ‘Ship My Pants’ commercial…



The top ‘Panda Cheese’ commercials…

No comments:

Post a Comment