Sunday, November 24, 2013

Josh Hutcherson and HAIM on Saturday Night Live

         I am a massive Saturday Night Live fan, honestly if I am home alone I re-watch old episodes, when I am at home in Nova Scotia I drive my family crazy trying to make them laugh by showing them old clips from episodes I know they have not watched (they never find them as funny as I do) and I have no problem spending my Saturday nights at home waiting for ‘SNL’ to come on.

         Last night’s ‘Saturday Night Live’ was by far my favourite episode of the season, with one of my current favourite bands HAIM and Hunger Games star Josh Hutcherson it was an incredible episode. I think this episode was great for multiple reasons:
1.   There was no shortage of jokes about host Josh Hutcherson’s height, he is 5’5 and as you can see next to his Hunger Game’s co-stars quite small. This was taken in stride, in one sketch Hutcherson is a character names ‘lil’ peanut’. Adorable.
2.   The host and band are still pretty unknown. Yes, Hutcherson is in one of the biggest movies of the year; but I bet you wouldn’t recognize him (unless you are a 14 year old girl) on the streets though! HAIM is blowing up, but still unknown to most people. I think this is a magical combination for SNL; it is harder for the episode to get overhyped and it lets the stars and cast shine without as much pressure.
3.   The sketches did not rely too much on recurring sketches from the past this episode. There was a free flow to the episode with great sketches that incorporated some of the new cast members.

I am no SNL expert, but I thought this week’s episode was brilliant. Here is my favourite sketch which incorporates two 80s songs we play on Mountain FM and HAIM’s ‘Don’t Save Me’.


Josh Hutcherson - Josie Sketch (Your Love... by IdolxMuzic
[HD] Haim - Don't Save Me - SNL 11-23-13 by IdolxMuzic

No comments:

Post a Comment