Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012: Merry Christmas From My Deathbed

That is what I would have said to you last year; being that it is Christmas I thought it would be a goodtime to reflect on last year's Christmas. Lots of people have told me how bad they feel that I had planned to be alone this Christmas. Well being alone is much better than the 48 hour sickness that hit me last Christmas. As much as I would love to be with my family for the Holidays, I hope to never turn into a helpless wreck over Christmas again. I seriously have never been as sick as I was last Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

Last Christmas I was so sick with a bug this Instagram photo shows how I was propped up at my Grandparent's house on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day after an embarrassing incident that truly took me back to childhood or pushed me into old-age, it was decided I could be left home alone for Christmas Day rather than carted around to my Grandparent and Grandmother's houses. I would give you some sickness details but I am saving them for my book, it involves being incredibly stiff and immovable like a giant rock.

One thing I am very thankful for (though it was not a full-on traditional Christmas for me last year) is that was with family (and great dogs) last Christmas. I would be the most miserable person alive right now if I was sick like that again this year, I ended up returning the favour for my family taking care of me. My Boyfriend came down with the same gross sickness exactly a week later on New Year's Eve. On a side note, I would kill to have a dog right now, my entire night would have been spent dressing it up and taking pictures of it as if it were a small child. 

Mitch is in the box before the present is out of it!
This Christmas Eve has been spent, debating ordering Chinese food, watching Holiday Specials from the 90s, opening presents a little early and Skyping. A solid night and it is only 7:20pm! First I Skyped my lovely family in Nova Scotia and got to see them open their present from me. My Christmas gift to the Bruce Household was a Margaritaville machine, so they can have the tastes of the Islands at home! In typical kid fashion, my youngest cousin Mitchell was in the shipping box before my mother could even get the machine out. 

I then got to Skype my Boyfriend's family after they got home from church in Calgary. The Skyping is pretty fun, but I don't have much to talk about here. I am WAY more interested in what they are doing! 


The lovely flowers in a massive Christmas tree bulb sent
by 'Nova Scotia' aka Dad & Grammie.
Now I am off to continue 'Jingle All The Way', I had begun a weeping tribute to the Bruce familyChristmas the other day at work. My plans then changed and I was kind of left not knowing what to do with my previous words. Without the juicy details on a MacDonald-Bruce Christmas I was just about to get into, I think I will finalize that blog and roll it out tomorrow. 

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve (and Christmas in general of course)!







No comments:

Post a Comment