Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My 2014 New Years Resolution

This year my new year’s resolution is committing to processes. I have a couple big things I really want to work on so it is more of continuation of what has been working in 2013 and making a few more improvements. Improving my budgeting skills is a big one, nothing really interesting there. Crossing more firsts off my bucket list and travelling are more general things I want to do. 

My big one, the process for 2014 that I want to really commit to may sound a little silly but I say thing being completely serious, I want to quit snacking. Once a week, sure I will destroy some candy or maybe a bag of chips. But, over all I want to be done picking at food into the evenings and weekends. I have always done it, watched tv and plowed some nachos or popcorn. I feel like something is meant to be my hand (and about to go into my mouth) whenever I sit down in the evening. Its not a weight thing, I am totally fine with the calories; to me it is all about that control snacks have over me and destroying that weird feeling I get when I am not eating something casually while watching a movie or tv show. 

How do I plan on doing this? Well, this is the fun part. I am going to knit. Yes, I will be keeping my hands busy by knitting in my down time. The first project I am working on is a grocery tote; this is WAY more advanced than the last thing I knit which was a lop-sided dish towel. 

In 2014, I will knit and knit well (and not snack).


What is your New Year's Resolution for 2014? 

No comments:

Post a Comment