Friday, December 13, 2013

Secret Santa Struggles

I am going to be honest with you; I am starting to get a little sour about spending Christmas alone here in the Kootenays. It is my first Christmas away from home this year and I thought I would be able to combat my case of the lonelies on the 25th with indulgences that include (but definitely are not limited to) Chinese food and Christmas movies. The fact is I started to realize just how bummed I am to be missing out on adult beverages with old friend

s, getting out skated by a bunch of kids that were in elementary school when I played hockey at the Annual MRHS Grad hockey day and watching the kids in my family exhibit all the magic of Christmas with crying (yes, I mean tears) and shrieks of joy.

One of the ways I am combating this lonesome Christmas is by taking part in the World’s largest Secret Santa. Now I am at a loss for picking out my gift. I have no idea what to buy my nerdy/athletic/gamer male match. I want something unique, but I am starting to struggle. John Helm and I have contemplated what to buy for our significant others on Morning Rocks, so it makes sense that I am struggling with buying something for a complete stranger. What the hell am I to buy? Here is a little about 'That Canadian Bacon'

I could go with the listener’s idea from this morning’s show, he suggested picking up a ‘Clapper’ for the person who you don’t know how to shop for. What do you think I should send my Secret Santa buddy? Let me know your thoughts by email at kate@mountainfm.net!

UPDATE: I totally ended up finding the perfect gift for my match, something he can use Sunday afternoons while cooking his girlfriend lunch that compliments his neediness with a great Game of Thrones pun!

I will keep you updated about what I end up getting in exchange!  


For more on my Reddit Secret Santa experience click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment